Instructors can bring rich multimedia into their student’s learning experience by integrating video or audio files into their course content. Cornell offers Kaltura and Panopto to help bring multimedia software into the classroom.
Kaltura can make importing and sharing multimedia content via Blackboard secure and optimal for many types of student playback devices and connections (ie tablets, smart phones, slow connection speeds).
Panopto can be used to help faculty record their lectures.
Blackboard can enable students to use multimedia content for classroom purposes in several ways. Students can:
- upload videos from their personal machine using Kaltura,
- upload webcam or audio recordings to enrich Blackboard discussion posts using Kaltura,
- make screen recordings of their projects such as PowerPoint presentations (complete with voice over)
- Other ways to import media
- embed YouTube videos into Blackboard